Friday, July 22, 2016

July 4, Mom and Me in Italy

I met up with my mom after Burt left for the airport. Once he was safely on a plane heading home we walked into town to get lunch and do a little shopping. 
We had lunch at a restaurant recommended by TripAdvisor. I think that it is always best to go with a place that is recommended. 
 
Next we walked over the Ponte Vecchio bridge. 
And we stopped at the leather market and did a little shopping, picking up some souvenirs and gifts.  ðŸ˜‰ 
I also got an Italian phone plan so that I could feel more secure with travel issues. I called Hertz and adjusted Burt's car rental so he could get home. 
Shopping wore us out, we were there until the open market stalls closed, then we looked for a place to have dinner. We stumbled across the beautiful Duomo an decided to eat at a cafe right next to it so we could enjoy the view. 

 
 
I ordered gnocci and it was the first really good gnocchi that I have had so far in Italy. We wandered around some more and tried to figure out how to get back to our b&b. 
It took us quite a while to find a bus but finally we managed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment